Sunday, September 20, 2009

Soup. And pictures.

Dang it, tonight I spilled a whole cup of soup on my lap. O, and it was hot soup. I thought it was rice, naturally, and the lid was stuck. Then it became unstuck and boom, hot soup. I got more soup though and told my friends that this is how we do it in America, so it’s all good. Well, it is Sunday night right now and that means it is Sunday morning in the U.S., so good morning. I still have a hard time with that, even though I have been here for about a month now. It went fast, but a lot has happened. This week I learned some Chinese, got a couple care packages from the U.S, and some backup from Kent State. I also did some laundry today, so now I’m good for the week. Which, I have been looking forward to for a few days now. Why you may ask, well it involves food and a two-for-one deal; a combination that Evan Vereb just can’t resist.

Tomorrow I’m going to this restaurant called Blue Frog. Apparently Monday’s they have a two for one deal on burgers, burgers like they have in the US of A. I’m thinking of having one with BBQ sauce, bacon, onions, whatever else sounds good. Prolly guna have to a coke too. America. I’ll try to take some cool pics. I am now officially up to speed with the rest of my family and I have a digital camera. I have some pictures here in this post to show everyone. One is of the view of Shanghai from my room, the other is also from my room, just zoomed in on Pudong. The other is of a sidewalk that is right next to the SISU guesthouse, it’s cool to see so many people traveling on bikes and scooters. The bridge looking thing is the subway. The picture of the food is from the street vendor that makes the good chicken bread-wrap things that I talked about in the last post. Another picture is from the “English Corner” class held at a local highschool every Saturday morning. I work with Ran and two other people; we break the whole class up, each take a group of students and help them learn English. The picture of the two people and myself was fun. The man on the right had never seen a westerner before; he lives in a town very far inland and away from all the major cities. The women on the left I met when I first got to SISU, she interviewed me for some research that she is doing about Chinese language schools. She used to be a teacher at SISU. Anyway, her friend was coming to Shanghai for the first time and wanted to know if she knew any Westerners. They invited me to dinner with them and also took some pictures with me. The dinner was good and they paid so it was pretty cool.

Well I’m going to get ready for bed now, class starts at 8 and I have to make sure I’m awake. Talk to you all later.


Pictures: http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy190/evan_vereb/

No comments:

Post a Comment